Top 2 Home Fire Safety Tips
It is always a good idea to be prepared in case your home were to catch fire. Families that have safety routes planned and who routinely practice their home fire drill are much more likely to escape their home without injury.
It is also important to make sure you have the proper fire detection equipment installed in your home to alert you in case of fire. When a fire catches you off guard or you do not have updated fire detection equipment, the chances of your family escaping are reduced by 50%, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Here are some tips you can follow to make sure you and your family are prepared for an unexpected fire.
1. Install Smoke Alarms
Having working smoke alarms in every room of your home is the number one step in preventing injury if a fire were to occur. It is a smart idea to have a smoke alarm in every room of your home but if that is not a possibility, having one in each bedroom is a good idea.
You want to make sure that you will wake up in the middle of the night should a fire occur. Additionally, having a detector in every room of your home increases the chances of early detection and, therefore, an increased chance of avoiding injury.
2. Home Evacuation Plan
You should spend time with your family creating and rehearsing an evacuation plan. If there is a fire, it is important that your children know how to respond to the sound of the smoke alarm and where and how to exit the house.
Make sure your children know where to stand outside the home at a safe distance from the house so that you can make sure everyone is accounted for. It is smart to rehearse your evacuation plan frequently so that you are certain your children do not forget the plan.
If you keep these tips in mind, you should be well-prepared in the event of a fire. It is also a great idea to remember to check for additional tips with the National Fire Protection Agency often.
If you have questions about how you can make your home better equipped to respond to a fire, call BBC Systems, Inc. today. We have experience with the installation and maintenance of smoke alarms and other fire systems.
- CCTV Home Monitoring Systems in Huntsville AL
- Security Systems for your Business
- Notifier Alarm Systems Huntsville AL
- Fire Alarm Systems in Huntsville AL
- CCTV Security Systems Huntsville AL
- April 28 Tornadoes Affect Many Lives
- DSX Access Control Systems Huntsville AL
- Notifier Fire Alarm Systems - Huntsville AL
- Security Camera Systems Ė Hi Def Cameras - Huntsville AL
- Top 2 Home Fire Safety Tips
- Smoke Alarms - Huntsville AL
- CCTV Systems & Security Tips
- Fire Alarm Inspections - Huntsville AL
- CCTV Systems - Madison AL
- Security Systems - Huntsville AL
- Fire Alarm Systems - Huntsville AL
- Fire Alarm System Benefits: Donít Go Without One
- Does Your Home or Business Need a Security Alarm Monitoring System?